This is an overview of the steps required to complete a customer-completed electronic 4473 with electronic signatures. The steps required to complete an electronic 4473 are designed to help you stay compliant. Using the electronic 4473 is optional and is not necessary to dispose of items.
To complete an electronic 4473 with electronic signatures the following information is required.
- The buyer must completely fill out the form, certify their answers, electronically sign, and date the form
- A FastBound Contact must be attached
- At least one Item must be added
- Buyer Identification information in Q18a must be entered
- Background check information in Q19a and Q19c must be entered
Q20 No NICS check required because of NFA, must be selected
Q21 No NICS check was required because of valid permit, must be selected
- Q34, Q36, and Q37 must be filled out
- Q35 must be signed
- The electronic 4473 must be printed
After the buyer has completed, signed, and certified the electronic 4473, you, the seller, will see the customer-completed electronic 4473 in the list. If you do not see it, refresh your browser.
To complete the electronic 4473 you must complete these steps in FastBound.
- Step 1: Attach a contact
- Step 2: Add the Item(s), fill out section D
- Step 3: Fill out section B
- Step 4: Save and Print the electronic 4473
- Step 5: Click the "Complete" button
***WARNING: Make sure you have the printed 4473 in your hand and verify it printed correctly BEFORE you click Complete. One you Complete the 4473 you can no longer print it.***
FastBound will complete the 4473 and convert the electronic 4473 into a pending Disposition.