Creating an acquisition, saving it, and then committing it are the basic steps necessary to log items into your Bound Book. Depending on your FFL type, the ATF has different requirements for how long you have to do this. You can read more about the time requirements on our FFLGuard QuickTips page.
All item entries start off as Acquisitions and all Items must be Acquired through the Acquire process.
To create an acquisition you must have the required fields below.
Acquire Date is required and cannot be a future date.
Acquire Type is required.
To Create an Acquisition
- Click on 'Acquire' from the main menu
- On the Pending Acquisitions list page click the 'Create' button
- Enter the Acquire Date and Acquire Type; these are required to continue
- PO Number, Invoice Number, Tracking Number, and Note are all optional
- Click 'Create Acquisition'
As soon as you click 'Create Acquisition', your Acquisition will be saved and added to the Pending Acquisition list page and the Acquired from Contact select panel and add Items panel will be available.